Henry in NYC

I am a relatively new addition to the NYC scene. This is my story of growing here. This blog is dedicated to my NYC experience, no matter how trivial some parts of it might be.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

New Addiction

Man and wife succumb to the control of Gamecube

Brothers duel it out - an innocent German hides in the corner


My brother bought me a Gamecube for my graduation present. Now I have no time to read or do anything except game. It is quite addicting. People fret that too many Americans spend too much time in front of the TV. That is with cable. Just imagine if every home in America not only had TV shows and movies, but also a cool video game system. We as a society would experience intellectual meltdown.

My favorite game is Fight Night Round 2 and I challenge ANYONE to step into the ring. I am a cold blooded KO King. The Haymaker is the best way to let your opponent know you are still alive.

Day of Reckoning 2 is a fun wrestling game but very unfair. Once you do one killer move to your opponent, you can keep doing them. My brother unmercilessly gave me 10 Undertaker Tombstones in a row and didn't pin me. He just kept going. What sort of values are our youth learning?

Super Mario Bros Melee is supposed to be the best game out. I can't convince Carol to play anymore since I destroyed her when we were practicing 4 players.

Matrix is fun, especially the slow motion attacks. It is overkill though to beat up security guards who are hiding on the ground. But then again, you can't let them sneak up on you from behind.

Metroid Prime is more of a long strategy game. I still haven't been able to find a save point.

Sonic Mega Collection was Carol's choice. Brings back the memories of chasing after rings in Sonic the Hedgehog.

Games have really progressed in terms of graphics but some of the best ones are still the classics like Super Mario Bros. I came in at the bottom floor with Atari. As time went on I used Intellivision, Collecovision, Nintendo, Sega, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, and many computers like the Commodore 64, Commodore 128, Tandy XL, etc. Somewhere in the middle I gave it up, so now I am returning to the game world through Game Cube, which is not the newest out there but it is the next to last generation.

If you don't hear from me or see me for a while, this is why. I am now trapped in the gameworld.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home