Henry in NYC

I am a relatively new addition to the NYC scene. This is my story of growing here. This blog is dedicated to my NYC experience, no matter how trivial some parts of it might be.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dare the taxi


51st and Broadway. One side Mars Restaurant. Other side McDonalds. Both edges of sidewalk overcrowded with busy New Yorkers fighting their way home after work. The pedestrians had the red. Streams of traffic interjected itself between the pedestrians and their way home. The road should only be one lane. All vehicles were hugging the right side. I began to cross. Inches from the wall of vehicles between me and my destination. A renegade taxi tried to expand the road and hug the left. He drove toward me, hoping I would back up and allow him to pass out the other vehicles. I wouldn't relent my hardfought pavement. Screw him. A gaze. That's all he got. The eyes signaled his defeat. He stepped on his breaks and reluctantly made his way behind the pack. Soon the moment ended. I had won a victory for the owners of this city - the pedestrians. We crossed quickly then expanded in many directions, nothing needing to be said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home