Henry in NYC

I am a relatively new addition to the NYC scene. This is my story of growing here. This blog is dedicated to my NYC experience, no matter how trivial some parts of it might be.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

First Inline of Vacation

Went out today for a nice long inline. I began by crossing midtown at 51st over to 12th and trekked north. Along the way I was passed out by another blader when the road got treacherous. I followed him and the chase began. We each had our strengths. He could negotiate bumpy terrain much better than I yet I was the faster of us on a flat surface. Every pothole jarred me though I perservered nevertheless. Just when I would gain on him, another pothole would nearly down me. Around one corner I almost met my maker, as it became bumpy and 2 pedestrians and one biker quickly materialized into my view. The best way to describe my escape from certain collision is to liken this instant to a slithering dance, resplendent with agility.

By the end of our race, we rode to the end of the trail at 95th and crossed out. He exited to his apartment on 92 and Broadway, as he knew it would be impossible to challenge me on the smooth path Broadway affords.

At this point, I crossed east over to Central Park West and entered the park at 93rd. What a beautiful day for blading! I weaved east and west while always maintaining south until I finally came out at Columbus circle. Then the ride back on Broadway, the street, not the sidewalks. Incredible! One near life taking escape from a bus and one time of getting stuck behind a stinky garbage truck, then it was over.

1 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Henry NYC said...

The blader was too fast to catch up to...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home