Henry in NYC

I am a relatively new addition to the NYC scene. This is my story of growing here. This blog is dedicated to my NYC experience, no matter how trivial some parts of it might be.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hairstylist

Today while getting a haircut, my hairstylist explained to me a little about how muslim marriage is done in her country. The girl and guy get together twice with the family and see if they like one another. During this time the families will go to each other's neighborhoods and ask all the neighbors what type of person this is. For instance smoking, drinking, and hanging out alone with members of the opposite sex are points against you. Then after ther 2 meetings the "lovers" will decided that they want to be engaged to be married.

This is very similar to my job in Emergency Medicine. I meet a patient briefly, gather some information from my exam and tests and possibly some info in the computer then with limited data I make a very important decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home