Henry in NYC

I am a relatively new addition to the NYC scene. This is my story of growing here. This blog is dedicated to my NYC experience, no matter how trivial some parts of it might be.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Search for my place

Upon my return from Germany I realized that I did not fit entirely into the German mindset nor culture. However it is not just Germany. At this point I don't fully identify with any culture. Where does this leave me?

The idea of a global city is most appeasing. In these cities it is very easy to phase in and out of various cultures and not be trapped into any one mindset. At most, there is a way of the city which is a mix of many cultures and people. New York City is one of these cities. The other traditional ones are London, Paris, and Tokyo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home