Henry in NYC

I am a relatively new addition to the NYC scene. This is my story of growing here. This blog is dedicated to my NYC experience, no matter how trivial some parts of it might be.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

return to dortmund

I had forgotten most of what innen Stadt looked like. The street names are hit or miss, whether I remember them. The Hauptbahnhof felt very familiar - maybe because I was always traveling. The Strassenbahn is right outside Till's apartment jst as it was 6 years ago when I lived in the city.

The people I have encountered at the shops and restaurants are still genuine and friendly.

Till tells me there is hope for an expansion and growth in Dortmund because they have made the wise decision to build up their technology park and with that they attract much business.

Grocery stores are the same. Smaller carriages than the USA and you need to pay to use them, although you get the money back. Less selection but really good choices. Water and soda bottles are shaped differently - they are curved into an 8 shape, so that you can grip them in the narrow middle of the bottle. The cashier sits on a chair instead of standing. She tells you the total, gives you your change and says "bitte schoen" and nothing else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home