Henry in NYC

I am a relatively new addition to the NYC scene. This is my story of growing here. This blog is dedicated to my NYC experience, no matter how trivial some parts of it might be.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

my way vs the way

In all of life you do not have unlimited choices. You do however have choices. Based on where you choose to live and who you are and what you ask for, these differ greatly. In the USA, our motto is "Have it your way" In Germany, their motto is "choose from one of our ways."

Maybe in part this is my fascination with Germany. I have always been curious of those things which were opposite of my beliefs and philosophy.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is a saying in Germany that I think fits here very well and should be considered by americans as well: My personal freedom ends were that of my next begins. I think this is what being German is all about, respect your next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home