Henry in NYC

I am a relatively new addition to the NYC scene. This is my story of growing here. This blog is dedicated to my NYC experience, no matter how trivial some parts of it might be.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

First Doener

I went to a Doener restaurant and asked for a doener with french fries inside the bread with the lamb meat. They responded that I must be confused and mean the platter with fries on the side. I said that I wanted the fries inside the bread. This provoked a discussion and me telling them that this is how it was done in Dortmund. They were skeptical but one woman, the manager, heard my plea and gave the order to give me my doener how I wanted it. They reluctantly agreed.

It was ok but not as good as I hoped for. This doener had fries and lamb meat inside the bread with nothing else. Nevertheless I ate ravenously as Carol and her mother waited for me. This was the price they paid so that I would accompany them shopping.

After shopping we were on our way home and I ran into the manager. I thanked her profusely for the doener made my way. She said she still didn't believe that doener's were made with fries in DOrtmund. I conceeded that they were special request and the guy had to like you to make it like that. She was satisfied that her business wasn't missing anything and i was satisfied that I got my food the way I wanted it. We smiled and parted ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home