Henry in NYC

I am a relatively new addition to the NYC scene. This is my story of growing here. This blog is dedicated to my NYC experience, no matter how trivial some parts of it might be.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Subway Sauced


Today I was walking to the subway at 28 and Park and as I was about to enter the turnstile a man fell in front of me. Two things ejected from his coat pockets but my eyes first focused on him. He did not look in distress. I asked him if he was ok or if he had any pain. He responded that he was a vet, which to me seemed irrelevant. Then he slowly made his way up to a standing position, at which time I returned his property to him: a bunch of candies and a small bottle of schnapps. I watched him enter the subway station and sit at a bench, scattering his belongings on the bench. He then got up and looked at the concerned subway attendant, who was behind the window, and gave her the thumbs up sign. At this point I entered the train, which had arrived.

My question is, what is your reaction to drunk people in the city:

http://www.blogpoll.com/poll/view_Poll.php?type=java&poll_id=56595

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually try to avoid them - unknown drunk people might be a potential danger and I don't feel like there's any way I could help them anyways. From your story it seems like you didn't find out till the very end that he was drunk so that's a different scenario.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home