Henry in NYC

I am a relatively new addition to the NYC scene. This is my story of growing here. This blog is dedicated to my NYC experience, no matter how trivial some parts of it might be.

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Travel Bug


Travel has been for me the greatest learning, engaging, and maturing tool that life has given me thus far. Every new place has its own unique culture, nuances, smells, sights, sounds, tastes, feels... and most importantly - people. Your senses are dazzled on the journeys you take. Whether or not you are in tune with their messages, depends on how open you are to being permeated by the wondrous diversity which life has to offer.

If you want to have some fun seeing how well traveled you are, comparatively, there are many methods. I believe the best method, however, is a bird's eye distance between the most distant 2 points on which you have stepped foot. My distance for now is computed from Santiago, Chile to Bangkok, Thailand It totals 10973 miles or 17659 km. Any challengers?

http://www.indo.com/distance/

It is a wonder why people would spend lots of time and money to leave their comfort zone, their home. Why is it that people travel? You can give your input on the hyperlinked poll below.

http://www.freeblogpoll.com/view_poll.php?poll_id=31257

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are almost my equal. Distance between Santiago and Chiang Mai in Thailand: 11238 miles (18086 km) (9766 nautical miles). The reason you lost though was not because you weren't there...it's because you forgot beautiful Chiang Mai. What I don't understand, however, is Punta Arenas. It's the Souther-most city of Chile, I've been there, and the distance from there to Thailand is shorter than from Santiago...although looking at a map would suggest otherwise. Can anyone explain this mystery to me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home